Real Estate Licensing In BC
There are 3 steps to obtaining a real estate license in BC
Step One: Pre-Registration
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Good reputation
- Satisfy the language proficiency requirement. If you have concerns please visit Real Estate Council of BC’s website prior to registering for the Real Estate Licensing Course.
Step Two: Registration
- Register for the UBC Real Estate Licensing Course through the Sauder School of Business. This step is mandatory for all those pursuing a Real Estate Career in BC.
- Call UBC Licensing Programs at 604-822-8444
- Register online at the Sauder School of Business (UBC).
The Real Estate Council of British Columbia also requires that you are a graduate from a recognized university degree program at an accredited university, college or technical institute at which English is the primary language of instruction; if NOT, you must achieve level 7 or higher on each of the four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) of the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program – General test (CELPIP-G test).
If you do not have a university degree; college or technical institute diploma that is equivalent to a university degree, then we suggest you pass the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program – General (CELPIP-G) test prior to registering for the UBC Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course.
To learn about the UBC registration and other anticipated initial fees in Real Estate Licensing in BC follow the following LINK.
Step Three: Coursework
After registration, you will receive the UBC course materials in the mail. When you register, please remember to purchase/order the HP10bii financial calculator for an additional fee of approximately $60 on your UBC application form.
The coursework requirements for the UBC Real Estate Exam consist of the following:
- 20 assignments with 400 questions total, to be completed within one year.
- Satisfy the Real Estate Council of BC’s English Language Proficiency Requirement.
- Then you can attempt to write the examination. You have 2 years to complete a 100-multiple-choice-question 3 hour examination and attain at least 70% to pass.
- One regularly scheduled paper exam. (Computer exams carry an additional course fee of $125).
Duration to get the real estate License.
- UBC Real Estate Course registration: 3 – 4 days
- UBC does NOT allow scheduling the exam until 10 weeks pass: 10 wks.
- Real estate tutoring program: 3 – 6 wks.
- Preparation for the mock exam/review class: 2 – 3 wks.
- UBC Exam Scheduling: 3 – 5 days
- Choosing a brokerage, background check and application review: 2 – 3 wks
- Post UBC exam “Applied Practice Course”: 2 weeks of training to obtain a Temporary Real Estate License. Plus an additional 4 1/2 months to become a fully Licensed Real Estate Agent.
Get More Information
Complete the form below and one of our Realty Career Experts will be in touch with you within 24 hours.